Join 9 Maple Avenue and Travel Directions, Inc. on a journey through Ireland to explore Irish distilleries, breweries and historical highlights.
During this 8-night / 9-day tour, we will base ourselves for 4 nights in Dublin and 4 nights in Southwestern Ireland visiting 6 different distilleries and 2 famous breweries.
Even though the focus of the trip is whiskey and beer, we will be visiting many other historical sights as well including: Trinity College, Dublin Castle, Bru na Boinne Visitor’s Center and the tombs at Newgrange, Kilkenny Castle, Blarney Castle and Woolen Mills, and the Dingle Peninsula. This trip is tailored to all.
Distilleries include: Teeling Distillery, Cooley Distillery, Old Midleton Jameson Distillery, Dingle Distillery, Tullamore Dew, and the Kilbeggan Distillery. We we also visit the Irish Whiskey Museum in Dublin. Breweries include the Guinness Storehouse and the Smithwick’s Experience.
- Visit the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin
- Irish House Party Dinner & Entertainment on first night in Dublin
- Tour the Dublin Castle, founded in the 13th Century
- Visit the World Heritage Site of Bru na Boinne, a complex of Neolithic mounds and chamber tombs, some that date over 5,000 years ago
- Special visit to the Cooley Distillery outside of Dundalk
- Visit the Kilkenny Castle, built in 1195
- Stroll through the centuries on the Smithwick’s Experience Kilkenny interactive tour
- Tour the medieval stronghold, the Blarney Castle, near Cork
- Partake in the Jameson Experience in Midleton
- Visit the beautiful Dingle Peninsula
- Departure dinner at the Merry Ploughboy’s Pub
Price $2,395.00 (referral discounts are available – please inquire) Deposit of $300 required to reserve a space on the trip. Please sign up before to avoid space restrictions.
- 8 Overnights at hotels and inns
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Two tour leaders – Matt from 9 Maple and Charles from Travel Directions
- Breakfasts (8), Lunches (6), and Dinners (2)
- Visits to 8 distilleries and breweries
- Special Tastings
- Comprehensive sightseeing including all admissions
- Roundtrip transfers
- All taxes
- Drinks with meals
- Dinners and lunches not listed on itinerary
- International air
Please note, this trip is already beginning to fill and space is limited. If you would like more information or a reservation form (including Terms and Conditions), contact Travel Directions via e-mail at email@example.com or use the Contact Form at the bottom of this page. Also, if you have signed up for the trip and refer an additional couple, we will deduct an additional $75 from your trip cost as a referral bonus. Please ask for more information on this.
If you enjoy a relaxing trip filled with pubs, sights and good company, this trip to Ireland is for you.
This special, once-in-a-lifetime experience will bring you to the heart of Irish whiskey and beer making. And we will also visit some of the top historical places in Ireland.
Your Trip Leaders
Trip leaders are Matt Ferguson, a whiskey connoisseur from 9 Maple Avenue, and Charles Grabitzky from Travel Directions, who leads small groups around the world.
9 Maple Avenue is an intimate jazz bar set in Saratoga Springs, NY. It has the largest selection of whiskies between Manhattan and Montreal. It holds monthly Angel’s Share whiskey tastings. Matt Ferguson has worked for 9 Maple Avenue for more than a decade and is a connoisseur of whiskey from around the world.
Charles Grabitzky has been providing guided tours with Travel Directions throughout the world over the past twenty years. Travel Directions is located in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic separated from Great Britain to its east by the North Channel, the Irish Sea, and St George’s Channel. It is the second-largest island of the British Isles.
This tour has four nights in Dublin, the capital and largest city of Ireland. We will also travel in a loop around the south and southeastern parts of Ireland with overnight stays in Kilkenny, Cork, Dingle and Tullamore.
“Geographically, Ireland is a medium-sized rural island that is slowly but steadily being consumed by sheep.” – Dave Barry
- Teeling Distillery
- Cooley Distillery
- Jameson Old Midleton Experience
- Dingle Distillery
- Kilbeggan Distillery
- Tullamore Dew
- Guinness Storehouse
- Smithwick’s Experience
The hotels for this Irish journey were picked for their excellence in both quality and location.
Camden Court Hotel:
The 4 Star Camden Court Hotel boasts an envious location in the heart of Dublin’s City Center. Walking distance from the Trinity College, St Stephen’s Green and the shopping area of Grafton Street.
The 4 Star Hotel Kilkenny is the ideal base from which to explore all Kilkenny has to offer. Within walking distance to an abundance of quaint coffee shops and bars.
Metropole Gresham Hotel:
Overlooking the River Lee, this 5-story Victorian hotel is located just a short stroll from the many excellent shops and boutiques in Cork. One of the best known hotels in Cork, it is renowned for the finest hospitality.
Situated on beautifully manicured gardens, the Meadowlands Hotel is a relaxing and enchanting oasis, located on the Wild Atlantic Way and at the gateway to the Kingdom of Kerry. It is an ideal base for any visitor’s tour of the county and the Dingle Peninsula. Just 1km from Tralee Town Center.
Bridge House Hotel:
The Bridge House Hotel is one of Ireland’s most popular landmark hotels located in the center of thriving Tullamore, County Offaly. The hotel is right in the heart of Tullamore close to the shopping center and a great choice of local pubs, restaurants and shops.
- Sunday, September 18 Day 1, Arrive into Dublin where we leave to Kilkenny for 1 night with visits to Smithwick’s and the Kilkenny Castle (L)
- Monday, September 19 Day 2, Cork – We leave Kilkenny to Cork for 1 night with visits to the Jameson Old Midleton Distillery, the Blarney Castle and Woolen Mills (B,L)
- Tuesday, September 20 Day 3, Killarney – We leave Cork to Killarney for 1 night (B,L)
- Wednesday, September 21 Day 4, Dingle – We leave Killarney to Dingle for 1 night with a visit to the Dingle Distillery (B,L)
- Thursday, September 22 Day 5, Tullamore – We leave Dingle to Tullamore for 1 night with visits to the Kilbeggan Distillery and Tullamore Dew (B,L)
- Friday, September 23 Day 6, We return to Dublin for 3 nights and have a full day tour north of Dublin visiting Bru Na Boinne, the tombs at Newgrange, and the Cooley Distillery, Dinner at Irish House Party (B,L,D)
- Saturday, September 24 Day 7, Dublin—Full Day City Tour, visits to Guinness Storehouse, Irish Whiskey Museum and Teeling Distillery (B,L)
- Sunday, September 25 Day 8, Afternoon City Tour – Trinity College, Dublin Castle, have dinner at Merry Ploughboy’s Pub (B,D)
- Monday, September 26 Day 9, Departure for home (B)
Contact Us for More Information, Including a Detailed Itinerary and Reservation Form